Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Quarantine

 


Quarantine is a word which whole world is talking about or familiar with Covid-19. I came across this word quarantine say a few years back, when I got my first laptop around 15 years back. This is how I came across the word quarantine. So, when I got my first laptop, the first task was to install an anti-virus which was considered more important than anything else. I too did. Whenever I used to insert a pen drive, I used to perform an antivirus scan before opening it. That’s how once I came across this new word quarantine. The scan result told me that particular file has been quarantined. Those days google was not that popular and so I asked one of my friends about it. She told me; the file won’t be deleted because it can’t be. But it will be kept aside so that it doesn’t affect working of other program/files. I used to wonder where these files would be kept.

Years later, I again come across this word quarantine. And that’s how I ended up with this blog. The word quarantine comes from quarantena, meaning "forty days", used in the Venetian language in the 14th and 15th centuries. The word designated the period during which all ships were required to be isolated before passengers and crew could go ashore during the Black Death plague. The quarantena followed the trentino, or thirty-day isolation period, first imposed in 1347 in the Republic of Ragusa, Dalmatia (modern Dubrovnik in Croatia). (Source Credit : Wikipedia)

Now that I know the verbal meaning & stuff, I started to think about myself. Even I had to do a self- quarantine because of first person contact. But after undergoing it, I feel a self-quarantine is actually required for each & every person. He/she should practice it every now and then. Just like it helps in preventing the spread of disease, it also helps one to prevent the spread of negativity. A quarantine which is needed for one’s mental wellbeing. It actually should consist of one taking a break from daily routine and do something which gives happiness & peace to the mind. A happy self can only spread happiness around us. All of us has a saturation point or breakeven point. Beyond which it will be mental breakdown. Even I needed that break badly. I hope I can recreate a new happy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment